BitDefender Mobile Security Free Download
Shareware: You can try this program, but this version has some limited features or time usage restrictions. You should purchase it in order to remove those limits.
BitDefender Mobile Security is a lightweight solution for Android devices
BitDefender Mobile Security (BETA) is a next-gen antivirus solution for Android devices focused on little (to zero) system or battery impact while providing access to a number of security functions in order to help you have a safer and more informed Android experience.
Currently in BETA, were aiming at validating a small array of features while, in background, were working hard on adding a host of new functionalities to add extra layers of security for your device. Our main focus is to provide as much as possible while sticking to a very strict policy in terms of performance and battery impact.
- Very small battery or performance impact
- On-demand malware scanner, relying fully on Cloud technology (read: no updates required)
- On-install scan - a hook on the application install event allows us to scan each application the moment it gets installed
- Security Audit - Have you ever wondered how many applications installed on your device have been granted permission to access your private data ? Or connect to the internet ? Or send text messages ? The Security Audit screen grants you the possibility to have an overview on what applications match various permissions.
- Web Security - keeps you safe against the risks that you are exposed to while navigating on the Internet. It is integrated seamlessly into the Android default browser and relies on the Cloud technology.
Q: Where do I send my compliments, suggestions, bug reports and feedback ?
Q: Does BitDefender Mobile Security require an Internet connection?
A: The application needs to communicate with the BitDefender servers in order to determine the security status of the applications which are being scanned.
Q: How will BitDefender Mobile Security impact my devices performance and battery autonomy?
A: The impact on both parameters is very low because the application only runs when it absolutely has to - during on-install or on-demand scans and when you are browsing the application interface. BitDefender does not run in the background when you call your buddies, type a message or play a game on your device.
Q: I have A LOT of apps (and a not so powerful phone). How long will a scan usually take ?
A: It doesnt matter how powerful your phone is since all the processing is done in the cloud. It took about 30seconds on a device with roughly 100 apps installed during our tests
Q: What does the Security Audit tell me about the applications I installed?
A: By tapping Security Audit in the application interface you can see the permissions required by each of the applications installed on your device. The permissions are grouped into three categories and you can filter the applications using any combination of the three:
- applications that require Internet access.
- applications that require access to sensitive data such as your contacts, messages, calendar entries or photo gallery.
- applications that may produce additional charges on your phone bill by sending messages or initiating phone calls.
Q: What kind of information can I see in the Event Viewer?
A: BitDefender Mobile Security keeps a log of all important actions, status changes and other critical messages related to its activity. You can access this information at any time by tapping Event Viewer in the application interface.
Q: Why does BitDefender Mobile Security need each permission for?
INTERNET -> used for cloud communication
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE -> used to detect if the device is connected to the Internet
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED & READ_PHONE_STATE ->
No special requirements